/ About New Silk Road Programme
In the context of the development of the New Silk Road interconnectivity initiatives, the LIIA New Silk Road Programme aims at:
- promoting and coordinating research activities involving countries and regions in Europe and Asia integrated into the initiatives along the New Silk Road;
- conceptualizing and assessing the involvement of Latvia into the transportation, logistics, information, financial, digital and human capital exchange connected to China’s Belt and Road Initiative;
- providing expertise on China’s initiatives involving the Baltic region, including the China-CEEC “16+1” cooperation mechanisms;
- representing Latvia at the think tank networks and participating in research activities related to the assessment of the developments along the New Silk Road;
- assessing the prospects and strategies of India, Iran, Middle Eastern and Central Asian countries in the context of forming Eurasian infrastructural and civilizational highways.